BEES ARE IMPORTANT
The Nexus is a community of creatives come together to share ideas, projects and help support each other by helpful advice. In September 2019 we all voted to start a new campaign that gives back and makes a real difference. Every month we vote on a cause and discuss ideas to produce a shirt to sell. All profit from every sale will go to the organization we feel makes the most impact - associated with each cause.
For our first edition release through this campaign, we all voted to help save the bees. The project is called "BEES ARE IMPORTANT" - and if you haven't already heard, they are the most important living being on the planet.
The Non-Profit of choice we will be donating sales to: https://thehoneybeeconservancy.org/
The shirt is filled with facts shared from the community:
- Honey bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey.
- The drones come together to keep the queen safe during the winter by surrounding her and moving their bodies to generate heat to keep her warm. Humans need to come together in a similar manner to save the bees. The drones know they need to save their queen to live, we know we need to save our bees to live.
- Honey bees have been producing honey in the same way for 150 million years.
- Honey bees communicate with one another by dancing.
- The bees’ buzz is the sound made by their wings which beat 11,400 times per minute.
- A bee can detect polarized light.
- The pollination that the bees make allows the plants to reproduce, of which millions of animals feed, without them, the fauna would soon begin to disappear.
- The honey bee is the only insect that produces food eaten by man.
- Bees are the only living being that it is not a carrier of any type of pathogen
- Bees are the most important living being on the planet
HYPR CLOTH® is ethically sourced, produced and printed in Southern California.
Soft Combed + 100% Ringspun Cotton - Modern Fit - Discharge Prints- Pre-Shrunk
All sleeves are form fitting and the body runs slightly longer than average shirts.
Please note: The shirt is displayed in 3D - and prints will vary based on the size of the shirt and color will vary based on your device / monitor's brightness and color settings.